Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) introduced today two multi-channel +/-10V and 0-20mA precision A/D converters that better enable implementation of programmable logic controller (PLC) and distributed control system (DCS) modules. Leveraging ADI’s iPassives integrated precision passives technology, the AD4111 and AD4112 A/D converters integrate precision matched current sense resistors and resistor dividers. The high degree of channel-to-channel matching simplifies calibration requirements, and with support for up to eight single-ended voltage inputs and four current inputs, makes the new products ideal for use as reconfigurable platform solutions, while reducing size, complexity and cost in PLC and DCS modules.
- View the product page, download the datasheet, order samples or evaluation boards: http://www.analog.com/AD4111 or http://www.analog.com/AD4112
- Learn more about ADI’s PLC/DCS solutions: http://www.analog.com/en/applications/markets/industrial-automation-technology-pavilion-home/plc-dcs.html
- Learn about ADI’s industry leading portfolio of precision ADCs: http://www.analog.com/en/products/analog-to-digital-converters/standard-adc/precision-adc-20msps.html
The AD4111 and the AD4112 A/D converters can accept +/-10V while meeting performance specifications and has a functional range of +/-20V, adding over-range margin to the nominal +/-10V. They can also accept currents of -0.5 to 24mA while meeting performance specifications. This allows reliable measurements close to 0mA and provides over range margin past 20mA. The devices offer an Absolute Maximum Rating of +/-50V on voltage pins and +/-50mA on current pins. The AD4111 uniquely enables open wire detection, to detect when an external sensor or signal source is disconnected from the system input, on +/-10V voltage inputs while operated from either a +5V or +3.3V single power supply.
When used in conjunction with the ADuM5411 quad-channel digital isolator, the AD4111 supports EMC/EMI standards IEC 61000-2, IEC 61000-3, IEC 61000-4, IEC 61000-5, IEC 61000-6, and CISPR 11.
AD4111 Product Highlights:
- Single 3.3V or 5V supply
- Single design supports both voltage and current inputs
- Integration of precision matched current sense resistor and resistor dividers
- +/-10V specified input voltage range and +/-20V functional input voltage range
- >1Mohm input impedance
- Enables open-wire detection
Pricing and Availability
Product Price Each per 1,000 Packaging
AD4111 (6x6x0.95mm) $7.25 40ld LFCSP
AD4112 (6x6x0.95mm) $6.45 40ld LFCSP
EVAL-AD4111SDZ Evaluation Board $59.00 Each
EVAL-AD4112SDZ Evaluation Board $59.00 Each