Analog Devices announces the Power by Linear ADM1266 Super Sequencer, a highly programmable device for monitoring, sequencing, and margining up to 17 power supplies. For larger rail counts, a proprietary 2-wire interdevice bus synchronizes the operation of 16 ADM1266s. A built-in sequencing engine monitors each supply fault detector, general purpose inputs/outputs, and timers to turn the supplies on and off in a user-determined sequence. All configuration is performed through the intuitive ADI Power Studio GUI, reducing design time. The ADM1266 provides a highly flexible yet simple solution to manage complex power systems on FPGA, ASIC, and processor boards in network routers and switches, servers and data storage systems.
- View the ADM1266 product page, download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: http://www.analog.com/ADM1266
The ADM1266 integrates an analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and nine voltage output digital-to-analog converters (DACs) that adjust the feedback node or reference of a DC-to-DC converter to implement a closed-loop, autonomous margining system. A nonvolatile EEPROM records voltage, time, and fault information when instructed by the sequencing engine configuration, speeding fault debug.
The ADM1266, along with the ADI Power Studio software, offers a feature-rich configurable state machine to meet complex sequencing requirements. Built-in debugging features like breakpoints and black box, along with the software setup wizards, reduce development and debug time from days to a matter of hours. The interdevice bus between multiple ADM1266s ensures they perform like a single device, providing for an intuitive design process. By handling all complexity, the software fashions a seamless design experience from 17 rails to 257 rails.
Specified over the -40oC to 85oC temperature range, the ADM1266 is offered in a 64-pin 9mm x 9mm LFCSP package. Device samples and evaluation circuit boards are available online or from your local Analog Devices sales office. For more information, visit www.analog.com/ADM1266.
Summary of Features: ADM1266
- Margins, Trims, Sequences, Supervises & Monitors Supplies
Supervises, Sequences & Monitors 17 Supplies
- 257 Supplies with Cascaded ADM1266
- 2-Wire Interdevice Bus for Cascading
- Fully Programmable Sequencing Engine
- Industry Standard PMBus Interface
- EEPROM for Nonvolatile Configuration & Black Box Fault Recording
- Main & Backup Memory
- Supported by ADI Power Studio
- 12-Bit ADC for Readback of Supply Output Voltages
- 9 Voltage Output 8-Bit DACs for Supply Voltage Margining
- Powered from Highest of Two 3V–15V Inputs
- 16 PDIOs & 9 GPIOs