The number of robots ordered by Automotive OEMs and Tier-1 component suppliers increased 16% and 4% respectively in 2016, and has been the largest driver of the automotive manufacturing market's record performance. The biggest increases were seen in inspection at 60%, assembly at 38%, and spot welding at 21%.
With the market expressing such concrete demand, the forthcoming Next-Generation Robotics & Automation: Automotive Manufacturing 2016 conference taking place in Birmingham, UK, gives robotics and automation companies the chance to fully capitalise on networking and development opportunities with qualified prospects across the automotive manufacturing industry as they exchange ideas on how to produce vehicles faster and cheaper, and still deliver a quality end product.
This event offers automotive manufacturers the unique chance to maximise efficiency and throughput, through automated precision manufacturing.
The Only European Robotics & Automation Event Dedicated To The Automotive Industry offers the opportunity to discuss selection and implementation challenges specific to the sector:
· 8+ Robotic Capabilities Case Studies - Comprehensive access to exclusive manufacturer perspectives on Next-Generation Robotic applications - direct from the plant
· 5 Process Specific Breakout Groups - Grapple with application, maintenance & selection considerations particular to your production process: Body Shop, Paint Shop, Power Train & Final Assembly
· 4 Robot-Type Deep Dive Discussion Groups - Discuss with peers the capabilities and attributes of each specific next-generation robot type to address their relevance to your needs: Zero Speed Monitoring, Power & Force Limited, Speed & Separation & Hand Guided Robots
· Strategic & Technical Focus - A blended programme offers access to business case and strategic considerations, as well as tactical robotic application techniques
· Willem Grobler, Technology Project Leader, BMW
· Rich McDonnell, Senior Manufacturing Manager TS-22, Jaguar XE & F-Pace Body Construction, Jaguar Land Rover
· Dan Lämkull, Methods Developer, Volvo Car Corporation
· Ali Ackay, Control Technologies & Robotics - Manufacturing Engineering Development, Daimler AG & Mercedes-Benz Trucks
Readers of Automation are invited to claim a 15% discount off registration for this conference. This can be claimed on top of early registration discounts. Please use registration code AUTOM15 at the checkout.
Register today to reserve your place at the innovation hub of the European Automotive sector in time!