Hundreds of exhibitors from across the UK food & drink, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, household products and chemicals industries will be demonstrating the advantages of their equipment at the PPMA Show, taking place at Birmingham’s NEC on the 25-27 September
The exhibition will be built around the cornerstones of automation, innovation, efficiency and technology in order to deliver the best insight into solutions that maximise the productivity, consistency and quality of products and services in the processing and packaging industry.
Visitors to the show will be able to learn more about increased throughput and predictability of quality made possible thorough hi-tech automation. The 2012 edition is also encouraging a commitment to innovation, providing opportunities for exhibitors and visitors to gain access to the technology that may lead to the next big development in the industry.
Visitors to this year’s PPMA show will also be able to learn how they can improve both quantity and quality. Finally, the role that technology plays in aiding the above objectives will be illustrated at the show through live product demonstrations.
A series of panel debates will bring into focus on some of the most pertinent issues affecting the industry today.
Also returning to the show is the ‘Ones to Watch’ competition, created to acknowledge the best and brightest up and coming talent in the industry. The award is open to anyone under the age of 35, who has worked in the industry for more than four years, with the overall winner being announced at the show during a special awards ceremony.
Graham Earl, the show’s exhibition manager, comments: “The PPMA Show represents a wonderful opportunity for visitors to discover the most up-to-date technology and solutions. In addition, it provides insight into the latest educational trends and developments in the sector, whilst also offering opportunities to do business and consolidate connections.”
Visitor to the 2011 show, Michael Silvery, design engineer at Calava Process Solutions says: “I decided to attend the show in 2011 for research purposes. The machinery displays were very impressive. It’s always great to see the products in action, that’s what I love about trade shows.”
Colin Griffiths, chairman of Golden Valley Pallet Wrap Specialists and an exhibitor from last year’s event adds: “We’ve exhibited at various shows but I knew that if we improved our stand, we could do very well at the PPMA Show last year. On the first day alone we generated over 100 good leads. The 2011 exhibition was the best we’ve experienced as a company.”
Some of the companies exhibiting include Advanced Dynamics (Stand D31) which will be showing a full range of Pack Leader Labelling machines ranging from the Table top ELF50 and ELF20 side wrap and top wrap systems to the high speed PPRO 625 suitable for all front and back and side wrap applications for all glass, plastic and complex shaped bottles and tubs.
• AMS (Stand H50), the independent supplier of desktop colour label printers is launching its latest desktop, short-run colour label printer. The company’s range of packaging equipment also includes shrink-wrapping and poly-bagging for lower volume users.
• Visitors to CPA Engineered Solutions’ stand (Stand G3) will learn about its Enershield energy saving air barriers which use an accurate flow of high volume, high speed air to create up to a 90 per cent seal over an opening, creating a virtual doorway that people and vehicles can still pass through.
• Kecol Pumping Systems (Stand E41) a specialist in the design and manufacture of piston pumps and pumping systems for the transfer of high viscosity products will display two new products, its new One Shot System – piston pumps which provide a measured volume of material and the Spring Free Air Motor featuring improved reciprocating air motors to provide a smoother change of direction. By removing the springs that re-set the pilot valves, Kecol has improved the reliability of the mechanical linkage used to achieve this.
• Lock Inspection (Stand A53) will launch two new metal detection systems to help pharmaceutical manufacturers achieve greater product integrity throughout the entire production process. This first is Lock’s Insight PH Gravity Fall metal detection system while the second offering is Lock’s BottleChek metal detection system.
• Spiroflow (Stand G16) will be exhibiting its Tubular Drag Conveyors, its tilting mobile Flexible Screw Conveyor with adjustable height outlet, a Bulk Bag Discharger and a Bulk Bag Filler.
• Systech Illinois (Stand F50) will be exhibiting its range of permeation analysers and headspace gas analysers. Its permeation analysers are suitable for testing all packaging film, finished package and PET bottles. Its oxygen and carbon dioxide headspace analysers offer fast, easy to use, accurate gas analysis of gas flushed food packages and headspace analysis of any kind.
• S+S Inspection (Stand B75) will display three systems which cover most applications in the packaging and processing industries, especially the food sector. These are Liquiscan Metal detection system for liquid, viscous and paste products, GHF Tunnel Detector with enhanced stainless steel sensitivity designed primarily for the food industry and the Raycon X-ray inspection system which meets the needs of the packaging industry, especially the food sector, for the detection of a metallic and non-metallic contamination in packaged and unpackaged product.
T: 020 8271 2156