Trade Fair Profile
AUTOMATICA 2014 will take place on the grounds of Messe München (new: East Entrance) from June 3 to 6, 2014. It is an international industry meeting place for automation and the world’s largest robotics trade fair. AUTOMATICA is the main meeting place for manufacturers and users of robotics, assembly and handling technology as well as industrial machine vision. With more than 700 exhibitors in five halls, the trade fair depicts the complete value chain from components, robots and systems all the way to complete facilities.
AUTOMATICA takes place on the grounds of Messe München every two years. Messe München and VDMA Robotik + Automation, trade fair industry advisor, are behind the industry-driven concept of AUTOMATICA.
Parallel Events Intersolar Europe and MAINTAIN
AUTOMATICA takes place overlapping with Intersolar Europe, leading international trade fair for the solar energy industry, and MAINTAIN, Trade Fair for Industrial Maintenance. The mutual complementing of topics for users in manufacturing provides synergy potential for visitors and exhibitors. Exhibitors are going to present innovations and trends from automation, mechatronics and industrial maintenance as well as the solar energy industry under the motto “One Stop – Three Shows”.
Optimize Your Production
Under the new motto “Optimize Your Production”, AUTOMATICA 2014 is putting the benefits in the foreground. The trade fair shows how the use of modern robotics, assembly and handling technology as well as industrial machine vision can reduce unit costs while increasing quality at the same time.
New Exhibition Area of Professional Service Robotics in Hall A4
AUTOMATICA 2014 will present a separate exhibition area for the topic of professional service robotics for the first time. In addition to the already announced special exhibitions and research activities, the trade fair is providing a platform for salable final products and components, which are used directly as capital goods. Among others, the focal points are mobile platforms, medicine and care, professional cleaning, inspection and maintenance. As a result, AUTOMATICA is positioning itself as the leading trade fair for industrial robotics and professional service robotics under one roof.
Highlights of AUTOMATICA 2014
– The four-day AUTOMATICA Forum will provide visitors with talks about the application areas of automation from sustainability in production, lightweight design, professional service robotics and all the way to the topic Smart Factory.
– Special Exhibition “Smart Factory” / Hall A5: AUTOMATICA is presenting the concrete solutions made possible by a Smart Factory in scholarly talks and with demonstrations from actual practice. The focus will be on the areas of supply chain management, order management, logistics optimization, information technology and shop floor control.
– Special Exhibition “Automated Composites Production” / Hall A5: A main trend topic is also automation in production of lightweight components – above all in the area of composites. AUTOMATICA 2014 is going to display state-of-the-art technology for increasing process speed and reducing production costs in the special exhibition “Automated Composite Production” and a two-day conference. The “Industrial Composites Production Conference” (ICPC) in the East Press Center on 5 and 6 June 2014 is being organized by the leading-edge cluster MAI Carbon. The focus is on current automation solutions and production concepts of lightweight components and fibre-reinforced plastic (composites).
– The largest robotics conference in Germany (8th German Conference on Robotics) in connection with the 45th International Symposium on Robotics (ISR) will take place in the Press Centre East on the grounds of Messe München from 2 to 4 June 2014. The conference is being organized by the Fraunhofer IPA and the German Robotics Society (DGR). Speakers from science and industry will present their results from the areas of industry and service robotics. The talks cover the areas of technological challenges, new solutions and automation potential.
– Blue Competence: One of the most important topics for exhibitors and in the supporting program is Blue Competence, the Sustainability Initiative of VDMA. Speakers will explain how resource-saving and sustainable production can result in economic success. The main topics are energy saving, minimizing emissions and consumption of raw materials, life cycle costs, the recycling industry and future mobility. The initiative networks professional associations, organizations, institutions and companies from the areas of machinery and plant construction.
AUTOMATICA press releases: http://automatica-munich.com/de/Home/cn/Journalisten/prcn/presseinfo
Additional information about AUTOMATICA: http://automatica-munich.com
Photos of the last trade fair: http://media.messe-muenchen.de/AUTOMATICA/#1384851344701_29
Watch the service robotics film of AUTOMATICA here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzrLNbCLluo