A programme of machine vision training in the UK is aimed at providing machine vision education for end-users and integrators alike. Both product specific training, independent machine vision theory training and best practice training is on offer in the UK organised by the European Imaging Academy, an educational initiative from STEMMER IMAGING. This in-depth programme will begin in February and will continue throughout the year. Product specific courses are available free of charge, whilst independent technology and theory courses are chargeable. These training sessions are especially tailored for people who are responsible for product and production quality and for ensuring that a production process is efficient, reliable and competitive. This includes automation professionals, project managers and engineers, quality control managers and engineers, process managers and engineers etc.
Independent technology courses on offer are:
- Planning and realisation of machine vision solutions
- Optics and illumination systems for machine vision
Product specific courses are:
- Machine Vision solutions from Teledyne DALSA
- 3D imaging using the LMI Gocator
A course timetable and details of course content can be found on the STEMMER IMAGING training pages.
The European Imaging Academy’s main aim is to improve the transfer of theoretical and practical knowledge about machine vision to engineers across Europe. The training courses are especially tailored to the needs of people working day to day with practical tasks and feature ‘hands-on’ sessions since practical experience is essential in building up imaging know-how.
- Learn how imaging and machine vision can help to improve productivity and the quality of products in addition to reducing costs
- See persuasive live demonstrations of these techniques in action
- Learn how other companies apply imaging and machine vision successfully
- Discover how easy it is to implement imaging systems
- Develop imaging applications tailored to individual requirements
Course lecturers are experienced experts with a lot of practical “on the job” vision expertise who can provide not just the theoretical basics, but also a lot of helpful ‘hints and tips’ gained from real world experiences. Participants are invited to bring their own example parts/products to discuss individual requirements with the lecturers.
The courses generally take place at STEMMER IMAGING’s training suite in Tongham, in Surrey. Places on any course can be booked by calling 01252 780000. Spaces are always limited, and sessions do tend to fill up quickly, so potential attendees should register early to avoid disappointment.
STEMMER IMAGING Ltd
The Old Barn, Grange Court
Tongham, Surrey, GU10 1DW, UK.
Phone: +44 1252 780000 Fax: +44 1252 780001