NI identifies the top trends driving the industry as it becomes more connected
NI, provider of platform-based systems that enable engineers and scientists to solve the world’s greatest engineering challenges, has announced the release of NI Trend Watch 2016. The third annual report examines a range of topics focused on the IoT and its impact on how we manage data – from the consumerization of software to prototyping 5G to make it a reality.
“As the world becomes more connected, the incredible amount of real-world data available today promises engineers and scientists great insight, but getting that insight can be a challenge,” said Eric Starkloff, NI Executive Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing. “We strive to help our customers stay ahead of the deluge of analog data by investigating the trends that will help them handle the increasingly complex amount of information they’re acquiring to make the right decisions at the right time.”
NI Trend Watch 2016 explores these topics:
- Prototyping Takes 5G From Concept to Reality – 5G will undoubtedly evolve our wireless networks to heights never before imagined, but its pursuit doesn’t come without challenges.
- Big Analog Data of the Future: From the Edge to the Enterprise – With the proliferation of sensing and networking technologies, it’s never been easier or more cost effective to add measurements to systems.
- It’s About Time: Evolving Network Standards for the Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) – Network technologies must evolve to satisfy the requirements of next-generation industrial systems and radically advance the way we operate machines, electrical grids and transportation systems.
- Testing the Big Bang of Smart Devices – Instead of designing a unique test system for each device-under-test, test leaders must design smart test systems that can adapt to and test all smart devices.
- The Consumerization of Software – In a marketplace that’s rapidly demanding convergence, and the best of all possible worlds, it’s up to software vendors to answer the call.
Download the complete report at www.ni.com/trend-watch