In today’s interconnected world, everything has shifted to the digital landscape, IoT, Web-based technology is increasingly gaining a crucial role in controlling and monitoring industrial processes.
Traditional systems were standalone units, but with web-based technology, systems can be accessed remotely via a web browser. This advancement brings several benefits for both machine builders and end-users:
- Another advantage for machine builders is the flexibility that web-based HMI technology provides. With traditional HMIs, any updates or modifications required physical access to the devices, which could be inconvenient, especially in large industrial plants or remote locations. Web-based HMI technology allows machine builders to remotely update software, troubleshoot issues, and even install security patches without physical intervention. This not only saves time and effort but also reduces the downtime associated with traditional maintenance processes
- Moreover, web-based HMI technology enables machine builders to offer customized solutions to their clients. With traditional HMIs, customization was often limited to hardware interfaces and limited software options. However, web-based technology allows for more dynamic and scalable solutions. Machine builders can easily incorporate tailored features and functionalities based on the specific requirements of end-users. This opens up opportunities for innovation, allowing machine builders to stay ahead in a competitive market.
- Display your HMI on varied hardware – using the responsive functionality you can have your visualisation adapt to any device
For end-users, web-based HMI technology offers enhanced benefits as well.
- Visualising machine data and control processes, view performance metrics, receive alerts, and make adjustments as needed, improving overall efficiency and productivity.
- Additionally, multiple users can simultaneously access the HMI system, enabling effective collaboration among operators, maintenance personnel, and management.
In conclusion, the adoption of web-based HMI technology brings significant benefits for both machine builders and end-users. The development process, flexibility in updates and customization, improved accessibility, and enhanced collaboration capabilities all contribute to more efficient and productive industrial processes. As technology continues to advance, web-based HMI is poised to revolutionize the way we interact with and control machines, elevating efficiency and performance in the industrial sector.
Discover new HMI excellence with WebIQ from Beijer Electronics
Find more information here: https://www.beijerelectronics.com/en/Products/Web___HMI___and___SCADA/Features___in___WebIQ
Please contact us for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org