Machine tools and lathes, robotics and printing presses or packaging machinery all require consideration of Electromagnetic Compatibility. “These applications are capable of emitting radio frequency interference (RFI) as well as being susceptible to performance issues caused by incoming RFI”, explains Tom Downing, Product Manager at Roxburgh EMC. “The new European Directive (2014/30/EU) has the primary requirement of protecting the electromagnetic spectrum, but also requires that devices be immune to a normal level of interference. In the UK, penalties for non-compliance with 2014/30/EU can include 3 months imprisonment and a £5000 fine but usually involves a product recall and replacement.”
Roxburgh’s EMC/EMI filters are suitable for such applications to allow systems to perform reliably and comply with 2014/30/EU. Our industrial filter ranges are available in single phase, 3 phase and 3 phase and neutral types, with current ratings up to 820A and voltage ratings up to 690V. We also have a series of small chassis filters that have low to high performance options with a choice of current ratings from 1A to 60A. Even in particularly noisy environments, our high performance filters will ensure compliance with 2014/30/EU and reduce the likelihood of system errors caused by RFI.
Roxburgh EMC can support OEM’s with technical advice on our off-the shelf products, by offering custom solutions, or with our pre-compliance EMC testing facilities. This can result in cost savings and reliable processes if undertaken during the early stages of a project, rather than as an afterthought when it becomes more expensive and difficult to fix.
Our Industrial Filter Ranges
– For Machine Tools, Generators, Compressors, Industrial and Process Controls – KMF (Three Phase General Purpose Filter).
– For Motor Drives – KMFA, MIF3 (Three Phase High Performance Filters).
– For Inverters and Servos – KMFA, MDF, MDF3, MIF, MIF3 (Three Phase, High Performance and Multi-Stage Filters).
Our Small EMC Chassis Filters
– For General Purpose – RES10.
– For High Differential Mode – RES20.
– For High Performance – RES30.
– For High Differential and Common Mode – RES60.
– For High Differential, Common and Frequency Attenuation – RES70.
– For Multi-stage and High Performance – RES80.
– For Very High Performance – RES90.
Pre-Compliance EMC Testing
EMC testing can be undertaken by our engineers in our UK factory, to determine a products’ level of compliance to product safety directives. We can perform accurate EMC tests relating to both conducted and radiated emissions using fully compliant cispr measuring equipment. Our engineers will assist with problem solving and product selection, before providing a highly detailed report that can be used as further evidence of conformance to support your declaration to the necessary directives and standards.
Why work with Roxburgh EMC?
– We have been manufacturing EMC filters since 1969.
– We are based in the UK, which means right on your doorstep.
– We have strong business partnerships to attain cost effective components and materials.
– We source and manufacture high quality components and products.
– Our sales and technical teams will be helpful and friendly during every step of the process.
– We will keep you up to date with progress, via emails, phone calls or face-to-face meetings.
– We can help you lead the market in your industry.
To speak with our sales team or engineers please contact us on:
Phone: +44 (0)1724 273228