It is with great pleasure to announce that our Sales Director has been appointed chairman of the UKIVA (United Kingdom Industrial Vision Association). ALRAD has been a member of this prestigious organization for some 20 years and it’s the second time a member of the company has been appointed chairman. UKIVA has over 30 members dedicated to improving industrial vision in the UK. More details of UKIVA can be found at http://www.ukiva.org/
Let’s have a look at what’s new from Matrix Vision
6D Perception Cam awarded by inVISION as “Top Innovation 2015”
Matrix Vision is pleased to announce that its Perception camera is to be awarded with the inVISION Top Innovation 2015. The Perception Camera is an innovative 3D camera which combines several 3D methods. The camera offers many useful and unique features to implement several long-range and close-range applications with the same product. More details can be found on our website and in our December newsletter.
New member for the USB3 Vision camera family
There is a new member in the USB3 Vision family: mvBlueFOX3-1020a. The CMOS camera has a resolution of 1600 x 1200 pixels and reaches a frame rate of 60 frames per second at full resolution. The CMOS sensors from e2v are well-known for their image quality comparable to that of CCD sensors, which make the sensors suitable for a multitude of applications.
Support of motorized lenses
The standard version of the Dual-GigE camera mvBlueCOUGAR-XD features a suitable interface to control motorized lenses. The technical manual of the mvBlueCOUGAR-X/-XD shows:
- how motorized lenses work,
- how you can connect them,
- how you can control them and
- which lenses were tested
For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01635 30345
More information can be obtained from our website www.alrad.co.uk
Unleash the potential of your inspection system with e2v’s new UNiiQA+ CMOS line scan camera series.
- Features an exclusive state-of-the-art e2v CMOS image sensor which delivers:
- Improved image resolution with higher sensitivity and higher dynamic range in both colour and monochrome
- Maximised throughput with high-speed models
- Better inspection quality with single shot acquisition in both monochrome and colour which provides:
- Improved robustness to non-axial motion
- Easy calibration and alignment of the camera
- Easy multi-light timing calibration
- No filters/pulsed lighting requirement for colour imaging
- Equipment is cost effective, even in colour
- Flexible optics choices and costs: C-mount, F-mount, M42 mount compatible
- A very small form factor (60mm x 60mm x 28mm) allows the UNiiQA+ cameras to fit into almost any mechanical set-up
- The versatile camera model enables you to simplify your supply chain and lower your stock inventory costs
- Increases the modularity of your inspection system: the versatile multi-resolution option makes the UNiiQA+ adaptable to multiple sorting machines
- A real-time and flexible interface allows you to guarantee your inspection quality
- Reduces the complexity and cost of your system by removing the need for an external power generator
- On-line quality control and inspection
- Barcode reading
Reynard Circular Variable Neutral Density filters
The Circular Variable Neutral Density filters (VIS) are a filter wheel to linearly attenuate light as the filter is rotated. The CVND (VIS) can be used for white light as well as for lasers. A large finite aperture can be attenuated by counter rotating to filters in series. Sizes are available from 25mm to over 200mm in diameter.
Custom sizes and densities are available upon request.
Alrad widen its lighting product range for Machine Vision and Microscopy applications
We are offering a wide range of LED lighting products from MBJ for machine vision and microscopy.
These products include:-
- TLi Series – Top Lighting with integrated flash controller and 12VDC power output for camera
- DTL Series – Flat dome lighting with camera lens through a central hole
- TLc Series – Flat dome with integrated LED flash controller
- DBL Series – Lighting panels for back and transmitted light usage
- SRL Series – Ring Lighting in various size and light beam directions
- SDL Series – Domes lighting for shadowless illumination
Bach Research Plans Expansion in New Facility
Bach Research has announced exciting expansion plans:-
“BOULDER, Colo., Jan. 22, 2015 — Bach Research Corp. plans to broaden its custom optics offerings for government as well as OEM customers with a move to a larger facility this spring.
The newly renovated 16,000-square-foot facility will house expanded testing, ruling and dedicated diamond turning labs, a manufacturing area and cleanroom.
Bach Research manufactures custom optical components and diffraction gratings used in the UV to the longwave-infrared ranges for aerospace research, astronomy, space-borne instruments, hyperspectral imaging and biological threat detection”