Panasonic servo drives now come with an Ethernet interface for the open network EtherCAT, which enables real-time communication between master and slaves. The well-known MINAS A5 servo drives series has been expanded by the MINAS A5B series, which is equipped with the new EtherCAT drive bus. This enables open data exchange among many EtherCAT motion controllers.
The first prototypes of the new MINAS A5B series have been tested successfully, and mass production has begun. Thanks to its high transmission speed and sampling rate, the fast, real-time Ethernet bus for automation is particularly well suited for highly dynamic single and multiple axis positioning tasks such as found in pick-and-place applications, labeling machines and bottling plants. Another advantage is that inexpensive, standard Ethernet cables can be used for distances of up to 100 meters.
- Rated power range 50W – 15000W
- Real-time communication: 100Mbps via CAN application protocol over EtherCAT (CoE)
- Supports positions (pp, csp, ip, hm), velocity (pv, csv), torque control (tq, cst) and safety standards just like MINAS A5
- Manual and automatic damping filters
- Complete set of commands for up to 64 axes per Network
- Easy wiring using standard Ethernet cables (CAT5e, up to 100m between units)